As of August 15, 2012, Blackboard has been upgraded.
Blackboard Learn has replaced the previous Blackboard System for face-to-face classes this fall as recommended by the Faculty Senate.
The upgrade will have no negative impact on you. In fact, you'll notice improvements in how Blackboard works for your face-to-face classes. Please feel free to give us a call at 936-294-2780 if you have questions.
We're happy to help in whatever way works best for you.
New Functionality for Faculty & Staff
Blackboard has gone through some changes that look like they were made with faculty and students in mind. The new system has upgraded features to make working with the system easier including:
- An improved easy-to-use user interface
- Ability to edit course content without leaving the page
- Ability to collaborate in live classrooms
- Mobile learning for students and faculty on the go
- Ability to receive updates from courses via text message
- Able to grade course work via rubrics
- Place wikis and blogs directly into courses
- Blackboard's New Interface
- Course-to-Course Navigation
- Automatic Regrading
- Negative Points
- Read More