Register for the Third Annual SHSU Online Teaching and Learning Conference, taking place Friday, January 17, 2014, and secure your seat for an exciting learning experience catered toward online faculty at SHSU.
As a new feature this year, you will be able to choose from five tracks of more than 20 educational sessions. You can choose a single track to follow throughout the day, or are welcome to "mix and match" sessions from different tracks. Both experienced faculty and those new to teaching online will find opportunities to enhance their knowledge, expand capabilities, and learn new skills. Here is a sample of the tracks and exciting sessions you will want to attend:
TRACK A Collaboration, Community, and Social Learning
- Whole-Class Data Sharing - Using a Wiki Tool in Blackboard
- Online Discussion Strategies
- Partnering in the Community
- The Collaborate Classroom
- Come On In, Get Wet: Web-Enhanced Traditional Courses
TRACK B Effective Assessment Practices
- Automated Assignments in Blackboard
- The Online Research Paper
- Five Hallmarks of Effective Course Assessment
- Are You Worried About Your Students Cheating?
- Is Your Online Course Layout User-Friendly?
TRACK C Best Practices in Online Pedagogy
- Tips for Building a Learning Community Online
- Online/Face-to-Face Course Modifications that Work
- Pedagogy: Face-to-Face vs. Online and the IDEA
- Surviving "Going Online" – Using Online Tools to Ease Planning and Enhance Student Success
- Provide Guided Research in Your Online Classroom: Embeda Librarian
TRACK D Web Apps and Gamification to Enhance Online Learning
- Second Life on Bearkat Island
- Using Tech Tools to Build an Online Classroom Community
- Instructional Gaming
- Learning Unplugged: iPads in Higher Education
- Using Twitter to Increase Student Engagement
TRACK E Instructional Enhancements
- iOS7 Tips and Tricks for Improved Productivity
- SHSU Online Mentoring and Guidance
Another new feature this year will be a mobile app for our conference. Participants can plan their day, survey sessions, and more with this app.